Saturday, February 21, 2009

looking back/5th grade

Favorite teacher:  Miss. Garner-5th grade

Miss. Garner was new to the teaching world when she first entered our 5th grade classroom.  Being that we were her first class, she spoiled us.  This is the reason she stood out to me most throughout my time in school.  She would always begin and end the class with a fun activity such as thumbs down, charades, or storytelling.  She had a great personality and was always compassionate and patient with each student.  She knew how to have fun but be stern when she needed to be.  I remember her throwing a pool party for us at the end of the year at her house.  It was so much fun because it gave all the students a chance to interact together in a different setting without so much pressure.  We became a very tight group throughout middle school because of this.  
I remember another time she took a group of girls, including myself, to the mall.  We just hung out for the afternoon and at the end of the trip she took us to a kiosk that sold jewelry.  She bought us each a small 1 kt. gold bracelet which I still own today.  This was so impressive to me that a teacher put so much  time and effort into her students.  I had so many better memories of elementary school because of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment