Saturday, February 21, 2009

what i have learned thus far.....




















"Work Smarter, Not Harder"-simple commonsense but genius, why did this just begin to make sense now?...

This semester has been more of an eye opener to me. I am more focused on defining myself as a designer.
The first charette taught me the benefits of working in a group and how sometimes collaborative efforts have there ups and downs.
The first project with our group in rm. 204 really helped me to step up and focus on becoming an effective leader and organizer. Something I usually put off because I love being the out of the box, conceptual thinking, and living in my own little world where rules and requirements are up for debate.
The reading, at first, I was not happy about. It wasn't until I looked at the book as something that maybe I wasn't supposed to understand exactly they way it was written. It also, is up for interpretation. It has broadened my outlook and stretched my brain out beyond its container. A poets head may be out there but somehow it all makes sense.
This last charette however, I am still confused by. The most useful aspect I have gained from it is that design can form out of anything. Whether it is a picture or an object. It works really great if you have designer's block. Free drawing can take form and become something interesting because it releases our minds from the square room with no personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment